BELOW IS A DESCRIPTION OF THE HAITI MISSION PROJECT
AND WAYS YOU CAN HELP WITH IT.
St. Thomas is part of a five state project known as Building Hope in Haiti. We are involved in several projects to support the LCMS Mission in Haiti including:
- Student Sponsorship: Currently sponsoring eleven students attending Lutheran Mission Schools in Haiti.
- Lutheran Village Housing: The goal is to build 300 homes in the community that will include a church, school and a health clinic. A group is currently in the process of building a guest house to accommodate volunteers going to Haiti.
- Mission Support: Volunteers from several area churches, including St. Thomas, are involved in going to Haiti for short term missions throughout the year.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
To get involved personally or financially, please contact the church.
- You can sponsor a child for $200 per year. This includes educational materials, uniforms, meals and tuition. Watch for an annual sponsorship drive.
- St Thomas has a goal of raising $8,000 over the next five years to build a permanent home for a family in Haiti.
- There are opportunities to donate supplies or monetary gifts for these missions. Watch for an announcement of various supplies that are needed, such as OTC meds, vitamins, etc., and a date when they will be collected.
A GROUP OF HAPPY STUDENTS SPONSORED BY ST THOMAS
November 7, 2012